Welcome to DAY FIVE of the 2019 Canadian Online Homeschool Conference!
In this session, I will show you how to teach astronomy the way scientists do it: by looking up! I will present different activities covering concepts such as movements of the Earth, phases of the Moon, stars and constellations. I will also demonstrate Stellarium, a free planetarium software which can be used to understand the sky.
Is your child facing learning challenges? Does your child have math anxiety? And what myths are we talking about?? Children with learning challenges must truly understand in order to remember. The traditional approach of teaching mathematics does not work for them. In this workshop, you will learn some teaching strategies and techniques that will help children with learning challenges, reduce math anxiety, and debunk the myths that make your task harder than it needs to be.
Based on the book, Unschooling To University, this one-hour session is packed with practical information for those considering unschooling. We will cover:
• what unschooling is and what it isn't
• what the research states about unschooling
• how unschooling differs from home education and school
• how a child's brain development affects changes with unschooling (self-directed education), motivation and learning
• the good news about screen time